Many people steer away from cooking rice as they find it hard to cook or think that it is boring.
So when I came across this recipe from a book that I am reading entitled, The Blood Type Plan, I decided to try it and share the recipe with you.
You will need (all ingredients are organic):
•3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
• 1 red onion.
• 1 tablespoon ground coriander
•1 teaspoon nutmeg
•2 cardamom pods
•1 teaspoon saffron threads
• 2 tablespoons rose water
• 2 cups Basmati rice
• 4 cups filtered water (to boil)
1. Heat the oil by putting heat on high.
2. Sauté onion with all spices except saffron for 10 minutes on low heat.
3. In a separate dish, crush the saffron threads and add to simmering mixture
4. Add half of the rose water to the onion mixture.
5. Simmer for another 15 minutes and then add the rice with boiling water.
6. Cool for 35-40 minutes.
7. Add extra rose water before serving.