Image from Minimalist Baker
I love granola! If it doesn't contain too much sugar, it is healthy and can fill you up for a good 3-4 hours.
If you feel like making something fun this week, try this simple granola recipe that makes for a delicious morning.
You will need ( all organic ingredients)
•4 cups of rolled oats
•1 cup rice bran
• 1 cup sesame seeds
• 1/2 cup dried cranberries
• 1/2 cup dried currants
• 1 cup chopped walnuts
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
•1/4 cup canola oil.
• 3/4 cup maple syrup.
• Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees F.
•In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, rice bran, seeds, dried fruits, nuts and vanilla.
• Add the oil and stir evenly.
• Pour maple syrup into mix and mix well. Make sure that mix is evenly moistened.
• Mixture should be crumbly and sticky.
•Spread mixture onto a lightly oiled cookie tray and bake for 90 minutes.
• Stir every 15 minutes until the mixture is golden brown and dry.
•Cool thoroughly and store in an airtight container to avoid over-drying.
*Recipe inspired by Eat Right 4 your Nlood Type.