Authenticity can be very inspiring. So, when I first took Will’s class, I was inspired by how authentic his approach to teaching is. He does not have the need to be extra because it is clear that he knows that his teaching is enough.
Be inspired but Will Staten:
1. How long have you been teaching?
It'll be 4 years in December.
2. What motivated you to start teaching and what have you learnt from teaching? A lot of factors.
3. What is something that you have learnt from a fellow teacher? In general, everything, specifically what I don't wanna do in a class. I was actually a student in class when the teacher stopped class and asked who had been eating garlic. That seemed like a shitty thing to do, for example.
4. How many times a week do you practice? 0-7
5. Who inspires your practice? My body and what do i need today, that's what inspires me.
6. Why is it necessary for you to practice? My own peace of mind, my body is old and needs to move.
7. What message do you like to spread through teaching? We’re all the same.
8. Where are you currently teaching?Hot8yoga, Sweat Yoga and Private corporate yoga.
9. How has yoga helped your character develop? Patience and calmness.
10. What has kept you practicing all these years? It started as a way to ease the chronic back pain from years of playing soccer. As I got rid of the back pain and regained flexibility, it became less about the physical and more about the breathe. So basically now, its the meditation, I've really grown to love it.
11. What would you tell yourself when you started teaching yoga? "What’s the worst that can happen?"
12. What are the best ways to start teaching at a yoga studio? Teach anyone and anywhere. Audition as much as you can and be open to criticsm.It usually takes someone from the outside to clue you in.
13.. Why is breath so important in your practice? It regulates everything.
14. What is your FB name? IG yogablahblah