Thank goodness that Mathieu Boldron is a part of the yoga community. He has a passion and thirst for yoga that is infectious and humbling. He definitely inspires people and yogis around him.
Now, let him inspire you.
1. How long have you been teaching?
I've been teaching yoga for about 5 years
2. What motivated you to start teaching and what have you learnt from teaching?
I got burned out from years of musical theatre when I started teaching yoga. It was my new way to express and share something deeper. My voice was broken because of too many shows and gigs on tv.
Teaching taught me that we have the power to help a lot of people change their perspective and transform if we practice and live what we teach on a daily bases.
3. What is something that you have learnt from a fellow teacher? Teachers and teachings are all around constantly. If you want to teach classes, take classes, you want to teach workshops, take workshops, you want to teach retreats, take retreats, if you want to teach trainings, take trainings. There is so much to learn. The more you learn the less you know.
4. How many times a week do you practice?
Every single day 24 hours a day.
5. Who inspires your practice?
The number of people around the world suffering inspire me to be the best version of myself by practicing so I can light up at least people around me.
6. Why is it necessary for you to practice?
The world needs more teachers so the more we practice the more confident we feel in passing the fruit of our experiences. Practice is a lifestyle versus a style-of-life. So, to share from a place of authenticity is necessary to incarnate what I'd like to give.
7. What message do you like to spread through teaching?
I want people to awake themselves to a higher level of sensitivity, consciousness so they can see better, and make better choices for themselves and for their life. The more we learn to get control on what drives us crazy in life, the more we understand the ego, the conditioning and the corruption happening in our society. We can then integrate our personality better and become an inspiration to unify people around the True Self.
8. Where are you currently teaching?
Right now in Bali, then turkey, Greece, Paris and Mexico.
9. What are the best ways that you have learnt of approaching studios that you would like to teach at? Years ago it would simply be take classes at their studio and today is more about word-of-mouth.
10. Has yoga helped you through something painful? If so, what and how? Yoga asana has cured so much problems in my physical body: back problems, voice problems, allergies and food imbalance. In my mind: trust issues, power of decision and limited beliefs
11. What is your Instagram, Twitter and Facebook name? mathieuboldronyoga on IG FB and Twitter.
12. Is Social Media easy or challenging for you?
I'm getting better at it. It used to be challenging in the past. But I understand now better how I can use it to share with more people the powerful yoga medicine.