There is something so genuinely kind and loving about Jennifer Kim. I have had the pleasure of knowing her for a few months and am grateful to be in the presence of this Yogi. She truly walks the talk.
Here is why you should be inspired by her:
1. How long have you been teaching?
I've been teaching for 10 months.
2. What motivated you to start teaching and what have you learnt from teaching?
I wanted to share the light that I've discovered within me with others and I think more importantly, I had a strong desire to serve my community. I've learned that I will always be a student regardless of being a teacher. There's so much information around us to learn and to integrate into our own daily practice. I've learned that I learn most from my students.
3. What is something that you have learnt from a fellow teacher?
I continue to learn a lot from colleagues, but the key things I've learned from my fellow teachers are to use specific and effective key words/ verbiage and, to not take anything personally.
4. How many times a week do you practice?
I practice about 4-5 times a week.
5. Who inspires your practice?
Everyone does! I truly feel like everyone inspires me in some way or another with my personal practice.
6. Why is it necessary for you to practice?
I need to feel it and learn it in my body before I allow myself to teach others. Being a compassionate teacher is very important to me because I know that we all carry some kind of burdens whether that may be physical or mental, and only when I experience it in my own body and in my own mind is when I can become a better teacher to others because I can relate.
7. What message do you like to spread through teaching?
Love + Trust.
8. Where are you currently teaching?
I currently teach at Hot8Yoga and privates.
9. How has yoga helped your character develop?
Yoga has helped me practice more love and patience in myself and in others.
9. What has kept you practicing all these years?
To stay connected to my mind, body, and community.
10. What would you tell yourself when you started teaching yoga?
Two things: 1. I can do all things through God. 2. I want to serve others.
11. What are the best ways to start teaching at a yoga studio?
The best way would probably be to take classes at the specific studio you wish to teach at or take the teacher training.
12. Why is breath so important in your practice?
I love that you asked this question! Breath allows my body to stay engaged, to relax, and to bring circulation blood flow. When I breathe, I have more physical and mental endurance. I also feel more connected to my body.
13. What is your FB name? IG name and twitter?