Image by Getty Images
After you graduate high school, no one warns you of the craziness that lies ahead: Bills , rent, work and heartbreak. We can sometimes forget the little things that adults are meant to pay attention to, focus on and do ourselves for the sake of humanity.
Here is a simple list to help you be an adult:
1. Be intentionally kind, not a doormat.
2. Stand up for yourself.
3. Smile at someone, at least once-a-day.
4. Tell your loved ones that you love them.
5. Acknowledge when you made a mistake or are in the wrong.
7. Congratulate another person once-a-day for achieving something.
8. Move your body at least 4 times a week.
9. Stop complaining!
10. Stop having ulterior motives.
11. Think about others, instead of just yourself.
12. Don’t take everything so personally and seriously.
13. Learn to say no, when appropriate.
14. Learn to say yes, when appropriate.
15. Help out a stranger without expectating something back in return.
16. Stop playing games.
17. Give first! Don’t wait for someone else to give to you first.
18. Let your guard down.
19. Love and hug someone.
20. Laugh at yourself.
21. Accept and see people for who they are.
22. Love yourself.