image courtesy of Unsplash
We all have something that we’re passionate about, it might be human rights, animal rights, feminism, sustainability, love... the list goes on and on.
Whatever you are passionate about, I encourage you to speak up about it. I, myself, am passionate about a few things, particularly women’s rights and women being portrayed in media as powerful and strong as men are portrayed to be, because portrayals leave an imprint on our minds.
Here are 10 reasons why it is necessary to speak up about what you believe in:
1. It’s important.
2. Your voice needs to be heard.
3. It might inspire someone else.
4. You might surprise yourself.
5. You might surprise someone else.
6. You might be exactly what someone needs to hear.
7. It might encourage someone else.
8. It could help you progress.
9. It could help you let go.
10. It could help the world be a better place.