Image from Unsplash
It has taken me a while to realize that perfection is boring and not worth running after. I have learnt to grow in strength and clarity as opposed to be perfect.
As I have dropped my need to be perfect, I have also dropped what I previously held against myself. I used to be (sometimes am still) too hard on myself. However, I have learnt that negativity is something that I want to leave behind.
It all boils down to forgiveness. Using my past and present to progress in a healthy way. Here are 12 reasons why I forgive myself:
1. I forgive myself because I am not perfect and not meant to be.
2. I forgive myself because the baggage of the past is being held in my mind.
3. I forgive myself because the past led me to here so I am grateful.
4. I forgive myself because forgiveness for others starts with me.
5. I forgive myself I am doing the best that I can, my best is my best- not anyone else’s.
6. I forgive myself because I am my best support system, chaining myself to the past only holds me back.
7. I forgive myself because freedom begins with me and what I choose to hold on to.
8. I forgive myself because progress is a choice.
9. I forgive myself because there are only so many times that I can go through the past in my mind.
10. I forgive myself because I am who I choose to remember myself as.
11. I forgive myself because self-reflection does not have to be negative or harsh.
12. I forgive myself because I am grateful for what I didn’t get right. Failures can be stepping stones, if I allow.