The first time that I took Sarahs class, I felt as though my body was burning in my places that I had never imagined. It was an inferno hot pilates class- a pilates class done in surroundings similar to a hot yoga class. Truly, the only thing that kept me going was her bubbly energy and her convncing me that I could make it through. She inspired me that day and inspires many as a yoga and pilates teacher.
These are some inspirational words from her:
1. How long have you been teaching?
Five years. I teach bikram yoga, vinyasa yoga and inferno hot pilates.
2. What motivated you to start teaching and what have you learnt from teaching?
The students, their problems, their willingness to change and willingness to listen. Leadership, command and helping them to change.
Teaching gives me the ability to learn, command and share positivity with my students.
3. What is something that you have learnt from a fellow teacher?
Their experience, their passion, their command and there enthusiasms for teaching.
4. How many times a week do you practice?
6 classes a week
5. Who inspires your practice?
Actually me, myself, and practitioners around me.
6. Why is it necessary to you to practice?
Because it feels good, it inspires me, it gives me clear vision and stability.
7. What message do you like to spread through teaching?
That health is wealth, your body is your temple. Take care of yourself first before taking care of others.
8. Where are you currently teaching?
Lighthouse yoga school in Brooklyn
YOBK in Brooklyn
Bikram yoga LES in Manhattan
Yoga Herald Square in Manhattan
The Yoga Room in LIC
9. Has yoga helped you through something that you struggled with? If so, what and how?
- I was trying to know more about myself-yoga gives me more clarity about myself.
- I was learning to be a presenter-yoga gives me that presenting capability.
- I was trying to learn a good diet for me - yoga gives me clarity about what my body want.
10. Tell us about Inferno Pilates. Why is it a great compliment to yoga?
It's a practice where students see benefits very fast.The heat makes them sweat even more ( cleansing, detoxing ). The music inspires and motivates them.The moments are fast but secondary. Like in yoga, first the breath and form. You also need a calm mind you get from practicing asanas to practice Inferno hot pilates to keep going and you get the strength to do the posture by practicing Inferno hot pilates. It's a great combination.