Arden has been an inspirational teacher to me over the many years. She teaches from an authentic and loving place. Being one of her students has been a pleasure. Here's a glimpse of her essence...
1. How long have you been teaching?
I started my teaching journey 15 years ago with Ballet when I was 21 and fell in love with teaching and sharing a passion with others so it came very naturally to me when I found yoga to want to teach it and share a new passion. I've been teaching yoga for 5 years.
2. What motivated you to start teaching and what have you learnt from teaching?
When I found yoga it opened up my world and I wanted to help others experience, explore and find themselves as well which motivated me to want to teach yoga. I've learned endless things from teaching but most of all that there's no limit to what I can accomplish and what others can accomplish and teach me about life in the process. Because it's all a process and journey we are in together.
3. What is something that you have learnt from a fellow teacher?
Patience and compassion. It's so easy to get caught up in my own life. So I'm so grateful to have fellow teachers to remind me to stay grounded and to give me a fresh set of eyes to see things through.
4. How many times a week do you practice? I try to make it to 4 group classes a week. But I also do my home practice, meditation, pranayama all week long. I do give myself 1 day a week off not teaching or doing a physical practice, and on that day my yoga might be laundry or mopping or sitting on the beach. Just a nice disconnection.
5. Who inspires your practice?
I don't know if there's a "who" but more of an everything, everyone, myself, my general sanity. I practice so that I can put good back out into the world.
6. Why is it necessary for you to practice? My practice keeps me grounded. Coming from a dance back ground I love and live for movement. Tying my body, breath and mind together helps keep me sane.
7. What message do you like to spread through teaching?
There are so many but I feel the most important message to teach is awareness. First you find the mind, body and breath awareness in yourself then it translates into your life then into your world. Then you see your students applying and using their awareness and that's when the message shifts into reality.
8. Where are you currently teaching?
I teach at The Yoga Room, Chalk Gym, Breakin Boundaries, and Usha Veda
9. How has yoga helped your character develop?
Honestly I'm not a jaded narrow minded selfish bitch anymore. Because I was all of those things and never realized it. Thank you yoga:) The practice made me take a long hard look at myself.
9. What has kept you practicing all these years?
10. What is your Instagram and Facebook name?
Facebook: Arden Goll