K. Pattabhi Jois is globally known for being the incredible yoga Guru that he was. While he spread the practice of Ashtanga yoga, he also inspired many with his teachings and profound words of wisdom.
Here are 12 quotes by K. Pattabhi Jois:
1. ‘Do your practice and all is coming’.
2. ‘Anyone can practice. Young man can practice. Old man can practice. Very old man can practice. Man who is sick, he can practice. Man who doesn't have strength can practice. Except lazy people; lazy people can't practice Ashtanga yoga.’
3. ‘It is very important to understand yoga philosophy: without philosophy, practice is not good, and yoga practice is the starting place for yoga philosophy. Mixing both is actually the best.’
4. ‘Yoga is 99% practice and 1% theory.’
5. ‘Yoga is your mind control capacity.’
6. ‘Body is not stiff, mind is stiff.’
7. ‘Yoga is for internal cleansing, not external exercising. Yoga means true self-knowledge.’
8. ‘Yoga is universal…. But don’t approach yoga with a business mind looking for worldly gain.’
9. ‘When the breath control is correct, mind control is possible.’
10. ‘Yoga is an internal practice. The rest of just a circus.’
11. ‘So whether you do your first downward dog at 14 or 44, it’s not your history but your presence on your mat that counts.’
12. ‘The full ashtanga system practiced with devotion leads to freedom within one's heart.’
Sourced from A-Z Quotes and Wordpress