He is The 14th Dalai Lama, believed to be the reincarnation of Siddartha (Bhudda). He touches many with his charitable work and kindness around The World.
Here are 10 inspirational quotes by The Dalai Lama:
1. Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.
2. Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
3. Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.
4. This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
5. Choose to be optimistic, it feels better.
6. The true hero is the one who conquers his own anger and hatred.
7. Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.
8. The purpose of our lives is to be happy.
9. There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow. Today is the right day to love, believe, do and mostly live.
10. Man sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.