Image by Unsplash
I am a firm-believer in gratitude. Gratitude can help you change your perspective, elevate your consciousness and remind you of reasons why it is beneficial to get through something that may be challenging or to move beyond.
Sometimes it’s difficult to embody this. So, I am writing this list to remind myself of things that I am leaving behind and practicing gratitude instead of:
• Instead of feeling like they owe me anything, I will practice gratitude for having anything.
• Instead of counting what I don’t have, I will practice gratitude for what I do have.
• Instead of counting how many times love has hurt me, I will practice gratitude that I was given the chance to love.
• Instead of complaining about how people treat me, I will practice gratitude that I choose to treat people differently.
• Instead of complaining about how much money I make, I will practice gratitude that I even get paid.
• Instead of expecting perfection, I will practice gratitude that there are different ways and different people who deal with things from different perspective.
•Instead of expecting everyone and everything to be the same, I will practice gratitude that I have been given the choice of variety and diversity.
• Instead of being bitter about what could’ve been, I will practice gratitude that every person and everything in my life is in my life for a reason and every person and thing that isn’t, isn’t mean to be in my life.